Hours: 80 per pay period
- Responsible for assisting with HR duties and employee credentialing per FQHC compliance, including recruiting/onboarding of new employees/providers.
- Maintain EmPerform for HHP
- Coordinates HHP’s Policies & Procedures
- Assists with reviewing invoices, auditing HHP petty cash and control cash at each location
- Assists with HHP Provider and Admin payroll
- Maintains HHP website and assists with other marketing needs, including social media.
- Keeps minutes for HHP Meetings including preparing and distributing information needed for meetings
- Works collaboratively to maintain office requirements/regulations including FQHC compliance and has knowledge of HRSA Compliance Manual
- Demonstrates knowledge of FMLA, OSHA, HIPAA, and Workplace Violence process
- Assists with UDS data collection and yearly reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Associates degree is required in Business, HR, or a Health Care field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years' experience in healthcare operations or administration, FQHC experience strongly preferred.
Language: Oral and written fluency in English
Certification/Licensure/Registration: Valid Driver’s License.
Hours: 72 hrs per pay
- Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
- Responsible for appointment scheduling and EMR management.
- Accompanies patients to exam/procedure room.
- Assists patients, as needed, with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exams.
- Assists physicians/mid-level providers, with various procedures.
- Performs waived laboratory testing per provider and regulatory guidelines.
- Relays instructions and test results to patients/families.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree or certification from a school or college of Practical Nursing or Medical Assisting. Minimum of 1-year experience in customer service setting.
Hours: 48 hrs per pay period
- Greets patients and other customers in a polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directions. Informs physician or office staff of patient or customer’s arrival.
- Verifies and updates patient demographic information with each visit.
- Collects physician office co-payments and other patient balances.
- Provides patient with any necessary forms needing completion and obtains signatures as necessary.
- Uses computer system to schedule appointments and generate encounter forms needed for documenting patient visit charges.
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with customers’ needs expeditiously and takes and delivers telephone messages as necessary.
- Reviews patient schedule and makes daily patient appointment reminder telephone calls as necessary.
- Schedules patient referrals to specialists for diagnostic testing or evaluation.
- Identifies appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes and posts to the electronic health record and practice management systems.
- Records and/or routes laboratory, radiology, and other information in electronic health record.
- Maintains clean, orderly waiting area.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum of 1-year experience in customer service setting.
The following position is open in the Highland Health Providers Lynchburg Medical Center office.
• Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
• Responsible for appointment scheduling and EMR management.
• Accompanies patients to exam/procedure room.
• Assists patients, as needed, with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exams.
• Assists physicians/mid-level providers, with various procedures.
• Performs EKG’s, breathing treatments, and waived laboratory testing per provider and regulatory guidelines.
• Relays instructions and test results to patients/families.
• Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned.
• Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Degree or certification from a school or college of Nursing or Medical Assisting. Minimum of 1-year experience in customer service setting.
Hours: 72 Hours per pay period
Full-Time Care Coordinator position is open in Highland Health Providers Administration.
· Talks and listens to patients who are suffering setbacks in medical care due to psychological or behavioral issues.
· Assist patients in resolving social determinants of health problems.
· Assesses patient needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including interviews and direct observation of behavior.
· Uses appropriate techniques for the evaluation and treatment of patients in medical examination environments.
· Provides telephonic outreach and in-person consultation to members identified as high risk
· Assist in identifying gapes in care utilizing electronic health record and other software programs.
· Collaborate with healthcare team to optimize patient adherence to medical plan of care.
· Proactively outreach to members newly diagnosed with a targeted chronic condition.
· Educates patient and family members about preventative screenings while identifying barriers to care.
· Provides reports and utilization management documents to other providers and agencies involved in patient’s care.
· Participates in health staff meetings and other quality improvement meetings as needed.
· Professionally follow through and complete the objectives of the grant comply with all grant requirements and all other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree from accredited Licensed Practical Nurse Program. Nursing Degree from accredited Program of Nursing, Social Work or related Health and Human services program. Licensed in the State of Ohio as a Nurse or Clinical Social Worker.